The WhatsApp chatbot – MyGov Corona Helpdesk will now assist you in locating the nearest vaccination centre. The WhatsApp chatbot was introduced last year to counter misinformation and share valid information concerning COVID-19. The same platform will now assist people with vaccine-related issues as well.
The Indian government has now initiated the third vaccination drive concerning more than 18 years of age. This drive is entirely digitally-driven; the government has rolled out the WhatsApp chatbot – MyGov Corona Helpdesk to support people finding their nearest vaccination centres.
Here is how you check which vaccination centre is the closest to you:
- You can access the chatbot using the number – +91 9013151515. The chatbot is available on mobile and desktop versions of WhatsApp. Save +91 9013151515 on your phone’s contact book. This will be the official number concerning the Corona Helpdesk of the Indian government.
- Next, you will need to key in ‘Namaste,’ ‘Hello’, or ‘Hi,’ on this number to initiate the chat.
- You will now get an automated response. You will now be able to see many options for you to select, including your basic information, contact number, Aarogya Setup app link, and language support options.
- Out of the nine listed options, your first option will be COVID vaccination centres and authentic details.
- For vaccination-related information, you can type ‘1’ and send it. After this, the chatbot will display two options for you to choose from. Options will include information related to vaccination centres and COVID-19 vaccines. Type your response as ‘1’ again for getting information related to vaccination centres.
- After this, the chatbot will ask for a 6 digit postal PIN code. Once you key in a PIN code, the chatbot will display a list of vaccination centres that are nearest to you along with a date informing about when the vaccination will be available at a particular centre, as well as the slot details.
- Also, the WhatsApp chatbot will provide a link to the CoWIN portal, where you can register yourself or sign in for the vaccination.
- You will need to schedule your appointment via the CoWIN portal.
For any clarifications/feedback on the topic, please contact the writer at email@example.com
Bhavana is a Senior Content Writer handling the GST vertical. She is committed, professional, and has a flair for writing. When away from work, she enjoys watching movies and playing with her son. One thing she can’t resist is SHOPPING! Her favourite quote is: “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity”.