The Income Tax Department of India extended the PAN-Aadhaar linking date to 31st of March 2022 some time back.
Recently through a tweet, the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India has urged its customers to link their Permanent Account Number (PAN) with their insurance policies.
If you are a life insurance policyholder and have not linked PAN with your policies, then you may do so easily through LIC India’s official website. All you need is a LIC policy number, PAN, email address and mobile number.
Let us see the steps to be followed for linking PAN with your LIC policies:
- Visit the official portal of LIC.
- On the home page, click on the ‘Online PAN Registration’ link under ‘Online Services’.
- A new screen will appear; on clicking ‘proceed’, a new page will open asking you to enter details like your date of birth, gender, email-ID, PAN, name as per PAN, mobile number as per Aadhaar, and your LIC policy number. Make sure you cross-check all the details, especially the policy number, before submitting.
- Click the checkbox once you fill in the required details and enter the correct CAPTCHA.
- Now, request to get OTP on your registered mobile number.
- After receiving the OTP, enter the OTP digits and submit.
Once you complete the process, a window saying ‘registration request is successful’ will appear on the screen. That’s all that is required to be done to link your PAN with your LIC policy.
LIC is asking new subscribers to register for a PAN before the issue of the new policy. Also, the government-owned insurer is urging its existing customers to link their PAN with their insurance policies.
This is a step forward by our government to eliminate any un-authenticated or bogus accounts and safeguard our financial system. As a growing economy, we should take steps and support in strengthening our economic system.
Join our Telegram channel to keep getting updates on all things finance.
For any clarifications/feedback on the topic, please contact the writer at email@example.com
I am a Chartered Accountant by profession with 4+ years of experience in the finance domain. I consider myself as someone who yearns to explore the world through travelling & Reading. I believe, the knowledge & wisdom that reading gives has helped me shape my perspective towards life, career and relationships. I enjoy meeting new people & learning about their lives & backgrounds. My mantra is to find inspiration from everyday life & thrive to be better each day.