The concept of Universal Account Number (UAN) was recently introduced; however, EPF account and its contributions are active for a long time. It is only evident that you have an EPF account that has been left out of the UAN reach by accident and you are unable to find a way to access it. Did you know that you can check the balance or even withdraw from your EPF account without the need of your UAN? Here is how you can do it!
- Give a missed call to the number, 011-229014016, from the mobile number registered with the EPFO. This facility is available only if you are registered on the UAN portal and have your KYC details entered on the portal.
- Submit an offline application to the corresponding EPF office and follow the traditional withdrawal method to get access to your money. For this, you must download the new Aadhaar-based or the non-Aadhaar composite claim form.
- In the case of Aadhaar-based composite claim form, you do not need the attestation from the employer to submit it to the regional EPF office.
- In the case of non-Aadhaar composite claim form, you need to get the duly filled form attested by the employer. This is a security measure to avoid an unauthorised person withdrawing your account balance on your behalf.
- The composite claim form can be attested by any bank manager, gazetted officer, or magistrate as well.
If you know your UAN, good for you! You can check EPF balance through means, such as the EPFO portal, UMANG app, giving a missed call to a certain number specified by the EPFO, or through SMS service.
For any clarifications/feedback on the topic, please contact the writer at email@example.com
I’m a financial and technology writer. Apart from writing, I like sketching optical illusion patterns. I love trying different cuisines. Music and nature are my all-time interests.