It has always been a tedious task to transfer your Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account from your old company to your new company. This task is not going to be hectic anymore. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made this process simple and hassle-free now. From now on, as an EPF account holder, you can make an online EPF transfer by logging in to the Unified EPFO member portal — unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to the Unified EPFO member portal — unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ using your UAN and password.
- Under the tab ‘Online Services’, click on ‘One Member — One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’.
- Next, click on ‘Get Details’.
- The PF account details of your previous employment will appear.
- Select either previous or new employer for attesting form.
- On clicking on the ‘Get OTP’ option, you will receive OTP on your UAN registered mobile number.
- Key in the OTP you receive and then click on the ‘Submit’ option.
After attestation is done by your employer (either previous or current), your EPF account will be transferred online.
Key points to note for performing an online EPF transfer:
- The UAN-registered mobile number needs to be active.
- The previous or new employer of an EPF account holder needs to have authorised signatories who have digitally registered themselves at the EPFO.
- The EPF account holder’s bank account and bank IFSC code need to be seeded against the UAN.
Join our Telegram channel to keep getting updates on all things finance.
For any clarifications/feedback on the topic, please contact the writer at email@example.com
Bhavana is a Senior Content Writer handling the GST vertical. She is committed, professional, and has a flair for writing. When away from work, she enjoys watching movies and playing with her son. One thing she can’t resist is SHOPPING! Her favourite quote is: “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity”.