Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO) plays a vital role in Goods and Service Tax (GST). It determines the eligibility for GST registration, composition scheme, Quarterly Return Filing and Monthly Payment of Taxes (QRMP), GSTR-9C filing etc. Until now, taxpayers used to calculate AATO on their own. However, now the GST portal implemented AATO functionality for the FY 2021-22 on the taxpayers’ dashboards.
The AATO functionality comes with the following features:
- You can view the exact AATO for the previous Financial Year (FY).
- You can also view the aggregate turnover of the current FY based on the returns filed to date.
- You can update the AATO if you feel that the system calculated turnover differs from the turnover as per your records.
- You have to consider all GST Identification Numbers (GSTINs) registered using PAN while updating the turnover in the AATO facility.
- The facility sums up all the changes in the turnover made by any GSTIN to compute the AATO of other GSTINs.
- You can amend the AATO twice within May 2022. After that, the figures submitted by you will be frozen and sent to the jurisdictional officer for review.
- The jurisdictional officer can amend the values if required.
- Tax officers might communicate with you before amending the turnover declared.
- The turnover finalized by the tax officer after communication shall be considered final.
- Suppose the officer takes no action within 30 days on the turnover reported by you; the AATO figure submitted by you shall be considered final.
- If you have any concerns about the AATO functionality, you can raise a ticket at https://selfservice.gstsystem.in.
- The technical team will investigate all tickets and resolve them on a case by case basis. Those tickets might be forwarded to the jurisdictional officer if needed.
For any clarifications/feedback on the topic, please contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org
DVSR Anjaneyulu known as AJ, is a Chartered Accountant by profession. Loves to listening to music & spending time with family and friends.