As the taxpayers face difficulties filing the income tax compliance forms on the new portal, the Central Board of Direct Taxes has (CBDT) granted further extension in the electronic filing of these forms on Tuesday vide Circular number 15/2021 on 3rd August 2021.
The Finance Ministry also tweeted, stating the further extension of the due dates of these forms.
The details of the timelines extended are as below:
- The due date of filing statement for the quarter ending 30th June 2021 in Form No. 15CC by an authorised dealer regarding remittances under Rule 37BB is extended from 31st July 2021 (the original due date was 15th July 2021) to 31st August 2021.
- Filing of Form 1 for equalisation levy statement for FY 2020-21 due on or before 31st July 2021 (original due date was 30th June 2021) was extended to 31st August 2021.
- The due date of furnishing Form 64D, which is the statement of income credited or paid by an investment fund to its unit holder under Rule 12CB for the FY 2020-21, is extended from 15th July 2021 (the original due date is 15th June 2021) to 15th September 2021;
- The due date of furnishing Form 64C, the statement of income credited or paid by an investment fund to its unit holder under Rule 12CB for the FY 2020-21, is extended from 31st July 2021 (original due date is 30th June 2021) to 30th September 2021.
Also, as a utility of certain e-filing income tax forms is not yet available on the new e-filing portal, CBDT has extended the due dates of e-filing of such forms as under:
- The due date for submission of quarterly intimation for Q1 ending on 30th June in Form No 10BBB by a Pension Fund in respect of each investment made by it in India under Rule 2DB extended from 31st July 2021 to 30th September 2021.
- The due date for submitting quarterly intimation for Q1 ending on 30th June in Form No II SWF by a Sovereign Wealth Fund regarding investments made in India extended from 31st July 2021 to 30th September 2021.
Click here to download the press release
For any clarifications/feedback on the topic, please contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a Chartered Accountant by profession with 4+ years of experience in the finance domain. I consider myself as someone who yearns to explore the world through travelling & Reading. I believe, the knowledge & wisdom that reading gives has helped me shape my perspective towards life, career and relationships. I enjoy meeting new people & learning about their lives & backgrounds. My mantra is to find inspiration from everyday life & thrive to be better each day.